NOTHING screams deck the halls for me like an egg nog daiquiri. Once Thanksgiving comes and goes, I’m ready to hit the drive thru daiquiri joint to get my jingle on in the form of a frozen, Christmasy treat. Thank you, Louisiana, for daiquiris! I can promise I will be drinking these frequently throughout the holiday season this year. They’re not hard to make, and once you whip up a batch, you’ve got a hefty portion to drink off of for awhile (or at least one night, no judgment).
2 cups low calorie milk (I use Hood Calorie Countdown)
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp vanilla extract
6 egg yolks
½ cup Pyure sweetener or zero carb sweetener of choice
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2/3 cup bourbon
Sugar free whipped cream
- Combine milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Stir and bring to a low boil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks with zero carb sweetener until fully combined. The mixture will remain somewhat granular due to the texture of the sweetener, but whisk until it’s as smooth as you can possibly get it!
- Remove saucepan from heat and slowly pour into the yolk mixture, whisking the whole time. Be sure to add a little at a time to prevent the egg yolks from cooking into clumps from the heat (we don’t want scrambled eggs here yall!)
- Once fully combined, return mixture to saucepan.
- Cook mixture over medium heat until slightly thick. Do not allow to boil (again, we do NOT want to cook the eggs through here).
- Remove from heat. Stir in heavy whipping cream and bourbon.
- Pour half of the mixture into a large blender and fill to the top with ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses (or if you’re keeping it authentic, a classic Styrofoam go-cup!)
- Top with sugar free whipped cream and sprinkle with more cinnamon. Cheers! Happy heaux heaux heaux to you.
This recipe made 96 ounces total. The total net carb count for the full 96 ounces is 15.6g net carbs. If you’re conservative and have a 16 oz serving (1/6 of the recipe), your total net carbs per drink will be 2.6g. If you’re a middle of the road lush and have a 24 oz serving (1/4 of the recipe), your total net carbs per drink will be 3.9g. If you’re a daiquiri pro, you’ll go for the big daddy 32 oz (1/3 of the recipe) for a total of 5.2g net carbs. You can’t go wrong no matter which way you go with this one!