Cloud bread is apparently a keto staple. There are countless recipes available on the internet! I messed around and made some tweaks and came up with the following recipe. So far, I’ve used this “bread” to dip in BBQ Shrimp and to replace the French bread in a roast beef poboy. It has not disappointed. Even my picky four year old who “doesn’t like eggs” eats these up!
3 eggs (room temperature)
3 oz Philadelphia cream cheese (cubed at room temperature)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
3. Separate egg whites and yolks.
4. Place yolks and cream cheese cubes into a mixing bowl.
5. Mix well until smooth (no cream cheese lumps!).
6. Set egg yolk/cream cheese mixture aside.
7. Combine egg whites and Cream of Tartar in mixing bowl (I use the whisk attachment on my Kitchenaid mixer for this part).
8. Mix on high until stiff peaks form. See photo below for how my egg whites looked at this point! I feel like sometimes it’s easier to show rather than tell:
9. Gently fold egg whites into yolk/cream cheese mixture.
10. Gently spoon mixture onto cookie sheet in 6 round piles. (The first time I made these, the cookie sheet wasn’t large enough to accommodate for how much these bad boys spread out while baking. I got a pan of one giant cloud bread blob. I highly recommend using the largest cookie sheet you have and space your six round piles as far from one another as you can!)
11. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
12. Let cool, and use as a bread replacement for other recipes!
The carbs in this recipe are negligible. Each “slice” is only 0.3 net carbs apiece. So basically, who’s counting?!
Net carbs: 0.3g per slice