About a million egg-and-bacon breakfasts into this lazy keto journey, I told myself I needed a sweet breakfast again. I didn’t want to break keto and actually eat sweets, and keto waffles came to mind. I’ve seen so many chaffle recipes, but what about actual waffles? Being the extra girl I am (judge me!!), I decided to take it a step further and make a boozy waffle that really screamed NEW ORLEANS. Bourbon pecan just sounded like it. So here we are! Topped with spicy, crunchy chicken tenders and sugar free syrup… OMG. Breakfast will NEVER be the same again!
2/3 cups almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon instant nonfat dry milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 Tablespoons powdered confectioners Stevia (I used Pyure)
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup bourbon
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sugarfree maple syrup
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk, bourbon, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract.
3. Whisk wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredient mix.
4. Heat waffle maker and spray with cooking spray when waffle maker hot.
5. Spread about 1/3 of mixture in waffle maker, and cook waffle through.
6. Repeat two more times (recipe yields 3 large waffles).
7. Top waffles with butter and sugar-free maple syrup, or other topping of your preference (sugar-free whipped cream, sugar-free preserves, etc.)
Net carbs: 5.7g per waffle (pre-topping)