One of my go-to meals is chicken wings. They’re quick, they’re easy, and they feel like a cheat meal because they’re so dang good. They tend to be quick and easy because my loving husband is the grill master around here, so I do absolutely no work, and they quickly and easily show up on my plate. I decided to give them a go myself in the air fryer and my oh my. Winner winner chicken dinner!!!
I wanted these to have a bit of a Cajun flair, so I had to throw in some garlic and spice. I upped the Cajun ante and made up a Spicy Cajun Ranch to dip the wings in, too. Y’all… my husband is downright mad at me. I stole his grilled wing glory. These blow anything grilled out of the water! They’re soooo good, he’s willing to stay as long as I continue making them. Haha! I’ll continue to leave literally anything else grill-able to him… but I think wings are officially mine now! Adding these to my gameday repertoire for sure.
1 pack of chicken wings (keepin it lazy- I do absolutely nothing to them. I don’t trim the wing tips, I don’t separate the drumstick… I leave those things whole and toss them right in)
Olive oil to coat
Minced garlic (for the love of God, buy this stuff pre-minced at the store. Don’t let me find out you’re mincing your own garlic for this simple recipe)
Dried minced onion
1. Mix Ranch dressing, 1 Tbsp minced garlic, and Tony Chachere’s to taste in a ramekin. Place in refrigerator while cooking chicken.
2. Toss chicken wings in olive oil, Tony Chachere’s, minced garlic, and dried, minced onion (I did not measure any of this. I don’t think I used more than 1 Tbsp of each. Just enough to get some on each wing)
3. Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray.
4. Place wings in basket without overlapping.
5. Cook at 400 for 10 minutes.
6. Remove basket, flip wings, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Repeat until all wings are cooked.
8. Serve while hot.
Net carbs: negligible (the amount of Ranch you use is what will ultimately impact the amount of carbs)