If you can practice enough self discipline to not eat all of the boiled crawfish laid before you at your next crawfish boil, this is an incredible use of some leftover crawfish tails! The base of this pie is fathead dough. Refer to my muffuletta hot pockets recipe to learn how to make the dough!
1 & 3/4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 oz cream cheese
3/4 cups almond flour
2 Tbsp butter
1.5 cups Trinity (seasoning blend)
2 tsp minced garlic
1 lb crawfish tails
2 cups crushed pork rinds
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Prepare fathead dough.
3. Spray pie dish with cooking spray.
4. Pat dough flat into bottom of pie dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. While pie “crust” is baking, saute Trinity in 1 Tbsp of butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
6. Combine cooked Trinity/garlic, crawfish tails, butter, pork rind crumbs, heavy whipping cream, and egg in a mixing bowl. Add seasoning as desired. (*NOTE: our crawfish tails were flavorful enough from the boil that I didn’t feel the need to add additional seasoning. I sprinkled a little bit of Tony Chachere’s on top after the pie finished baking. If purchasing plain crawfish tails, please season them! Nobody wants a bland pie!)
7. Place crawfish pie filling atop fathead dough crust.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.
Net carbs: 3.4g per slice (makes 8 slices)