If you’ve been following along for a bit, you’re no stranger to my muffuletta LOVE. While scrolling through my Instagram feed one day, I found myself going down a delicious rabbit hole where I wound up on a page featuring muffuletta empanadas. Um, what?! I was immediately inspired to create something similar… but keep it keto.
I’ve been a fathead dough fiend lately, and it just made sense. Whip up some dough and make some dang hot pockets already!
1 & 3/4 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1 oz cream cheese
3/4 cups almond flour
8 slices of deli ham
8 slices of salami
4 slices of provolone cheese
2 Tbsp olive salad
1. Preheat oven to 375*.
2. Combine mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and almond flour in a microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave for 45 seconds to a minute.
4. Mix together with a silicone spatula.
5. Mix in egg.
6. Place dough on parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and roll out into a rectangular shape with a rolling pin. Slice into fourths.
7. Place 2 slices of ham, 2 slices of salami, and 1 slice of provolone on one side of each piece of dough.
8. Top each with 1.5 teaspoons of olive salad.
9. Fold dough over to cover muffuletta filling, forming a hot pocket shape.
10. Pinch edges of hot pockets together to close each pocket.
11. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
12. Place pockets on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
13. Bake for 20 minutes.
Net carbs: 7.7g per hot pocket